- Compliance with Australian Privacy Principles
1.1 Affinity Diamonds Pty Ltd respects and acknowledges the importance of privacy. Affinity Diamonds complies with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) as contained within the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act), when collecting, using, disclosing and managing your personal information.
- Use of personal information
2.1 Affinity Diamonds may collect and use your personal information for a variety of reasons, which may include but is not limited to the following:
- to process any order you request from Affinity Diamonds;
- to confirm and track any order you place with Affinity Diamonds;
- to send you a post-sale request for a review of the product(s) you have purchased from Affinity Diamonds;
- to perform/execute your requested purchase/sale from Affinity Diamonds;
- to process your request in relation to any customisation or design to any provided by Affinity Diamonds;
- to process any request for an appointment with Affinity Diamonds;
- to add you to the Affinity Diamonds mailing list;
- to detect security issues and prevent fraud on the Affinity Diamonds website;
- to request feedback on your experience with Affinity Diamonds;
- to share/publish your photo on Affinity Diamonds social media channels (with your consent);
- to provide you with support in relation to the Affinity Diamonds website;
- to enable you to access and the Affinity Diamonds website;
- to complete your requested transactions, to verify the existence of and any conditions attached to your accounts or to assist with a transaction;
- to process transactions and send notifications about your transactions;
- confirming your identity for the purposes of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism laws;
- to manage and minimise risks and identify or investigate fraud and/or other illegal activities;
- responding to your enquiries which include the processing of complaints made to Affinity Diamonds;
- the resolution of disputes, collection of fees and troubleshooting problems;
- enforcement of our terms and conditions;
- deliver targeted marketing and various other notices and promotional communications based on your selected communication preferences;
- facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards in relation to same;
- in the performance of data analytics to improve our website and your experience with Affinity Diamonds;
- to analyse trends in your visits to the Affinity Diamonds website;
- to gather demographic information based on the visits to the Affinity Diamonds website;
- protecting Affinity Diamonds and its assets (including against fraud) and selling Affinity Diamonds assets (including any assignment of debts);
- enforcing Affinity Diamonds’ rights (including undertaking debt collection) in connection with the Affinity Diamonds website;
- monitoring data, usage, records and statistics derived from your use of the website for the furtherance of Affinity Diamonds’ business, for general market research and to be disclosed to third parties in relation to the aforementioned;
- to contact you through the use of various means e.g. telephone, text (SMS) or email messaging, advertising through our website, third-party websites, mail, and/or any other means as authorised by our terms and conditions;
- Affinity Diamonds’ business development, including sending of updates and publications;
- to manage and deliver contextual and behavioural advertising;
- to improve and personalise our website and to learn about your level of satisfaction to ensure client satisfaction throughout the future of the website;
- auditing and managing the use of Affinity Diamonds’ website; or
- in order for Affinity Diamonds to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Collection of personal information
3.1 Affinity Diamonds collects personal information through a variety of methods, which may include the following:
- directly from you;
- through your access and use of Affinity Diamonds’ website;
- through your access and use of Affinity Diamonds’ software or other platforms commissioned by Affinity Diamonds for the sale of goods;
- through your access of surveys commissioned by Affinity Diamonds;
- when you subscribe to receive information from Affinity Diamonds;
- when you communicate with Affinity Diamonds, by email, post or otherwise;
- through publicly available information;
- financing providers with which Affinity Diamonds offer financing for purchases, and financial service providers used when processing your payments; or
- through a social media account(s) which you use to create or log into Affinity Diamonds’ website.
3.2 In the event that Affinity Diamonds is unable to obtain personal information from you as outlined above, this may result in Affinity Diamonds being unable to provide you with access to website (including any updates) or marketing material.
- Types of personal information and storage
4.1 The type of personal information that Affinity Diamonds may hold includes the following:
- identification information including your name, date of birth, gender, phone number, address, email address, and other contact information;
- data necessary to process your payment if you make a purchase;
- your profile data – interests, favourites, wish lists, ring size preferences;
- registration information including an email address, username and password;
- your approximate physical location of the devices you use to access our website;
- your IP address and other device identifiers, including mobile advertising identifiers;
- your transaction history, including details of any products purchased from Affinity Diamonds, or that you have enquired about;
- aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal data;
- any other information provided by you in using Affinity Diamonds’ websites; and
- other information that helps us to identify you or helps us to provide or improve our website.
4.2 Affinity Diamonds may collect various financial information such as the full bank account details or credit card numbers that you link to your account with us.
4.3 The personal information referred to in clause 4.1 above may be held by Affinity Diamonds in both hardcopy files and also in an electronic form.
4.4 When visiting affinitydiamonds.com.au or afffinitydiamonds.co.nz, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
- Disclosure of personal information
5.1 Affinity Diamonds may be required to disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- external service providers so that the third party can carry out the service that they have been engaged by Affinity Diamonds for;
- our partners and the suppliers and service providers who help with our business operations including in relation to fraud prevention, identity verification, payment collection, marketing, customer service, and technology services;
- third parties who have instructed us to provide goods and/or services;
- organisations that provide applications, websites, services, goods, software, programs used by Affinity Diamonds;
- third parties that may provide Affinity Diamonds with marketing or analytics reports;
- organisations that help identify illegal activities and prevent fraud;
- our professional advisors, including our accountants, lawyers, business advisors and consultants;
- organisations and/or individuals that Affinity Diamonds intends on entering negotiations with for any merger, sale of assets, financing, acquisition of all or a part of Affinity Diamonds’ business; or
- any legal industry regulatory body in any of the states, territories and jurisdictions that Affinity Diamonds operates in.
5.2 Affinity Diamonds may be required to disclose your personal information in order to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or to investigate, prevent, defend against, or take action regarding violations of our terms and conditions, illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the legal rights or physical safety of any person or the security of our network, customers/users or services.
5.3 If you purchase goods and services from Affinity Diamonds using our website, our third-party payment processor will collect the billing and financial information it needs to process your charges. This may include your name, address, e-mail address, and financial information. Affinity Diamonds’ payment processors do not share your financial information with Affinity Diamonds, but they may share non-financial information with us related to your purchases, including your name, address, and the goods purchased.
5.5 Where the Act permits, Affinity Diamonds may also disclose personal information to third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
- Cross-border disclosure of personal information
6.1 Affinity Diamonds may, from time to time, have affiliated offices operating in overseas. Affinity Diamonds may send your personal information to these offices for one or more of the purposes listed in clause 2.1. If Affinity Diamonds’ overseas offices are operated by ‘related body corporates’ of Affinity Diamonds, Affinity Diamonds will take such steps as a reasonably required to ensure that there is appropriate data handling of your personal information and proper security arrangements are in place
6.2 From time to time, Affinity Diamonds may also send your personal information overseas for the following reasons:
to third party service providers who store data or operate outside of Australia;
to complete a transaction involving an international financial institution; or
as required by laws and regulations of Australia or another country.
6.3 Before Affinity Diamonds discloses personal information about you to an overseas recipient who is not a related entity of you, Affinity Diamonds will take such steps as a reasonably required to ensure that there is appropriate data handling of your personal information and proper security arrangements are in place.
7.1 Cookies are used by Affinity Diamonds in order to maximise and enhance our user experience.
7.2 When accessing Affinity Diamonds’s website, small files of data may be placed on your device that enable Affinity Diamonds to recognise you as an Affinity Diamonds customer each time you return to our website. As a result of these cookies, you avoid the need to keep inputting your information throughout a session and may have these details auto filled when you visit the website. In addition, these cookies enable Affinity Diamonds to ascertain information regarding what web pages you visit and how regularly, enabling us to make our websites and platforms increasingly user friendly and to target advertising to content that you may be interested in.
7.3 You are free to decline the cookies in which Affinity Diamonds utilises and can disable them through your web browser.
- Protection of personal information
8.1 Affinity Diamonds will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is properly protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Accessing and requesting correction of Personal Information
11.1 To access, seek or request personal information that Affinity Diamonds holds about you, please contact us at:
The Privacy Officer
Affinity Diamonds Customer Service – email@example.com
11.2 In the event that access to personal information is requested, Affinity Diamonds will endeavour to respond to that request as soon as reasonably practicable if and to the extent required by the applicable law.
11.3 If Affinity Diamonds is unable to give you access, or if Affinity Diamonds declines to amend your personal information, Affinity Diamonds will issue a written notice that describes our reasoning for doing so. Affinity Diamonds notes that before providing you with any personal information Affinity Diamonds will be required to verify your identity.
11.4 Affinity Diamonds reserves the right to make an administrative charge to you if it is required, to provide you with access to personal information as outlined in clauses 11.1 and 11.2 above.
- Resolving your concerns
12.1 If you wish to make a complaint regarding that way in which Affinity Diamonds manages your personal information, or that you feel that Affinity Diamonds has fallen short of the required standards set by the Act, please prepare your complaint in writing and supply it to The Privacy Officer.
A written acknowledgement of your complaint will be provided within 7 days, and Affinity Diamonds will attempt to have your concern resolved